Teenage boy electrocuted by wires after fall from railway station roof

The 16-year-old suffered 'serious injuries' following the incident, but is said to be in a stable condition.

Teenage boy, 16, electrocuted by overhead wires after fall from Edinburgh Waverley station roof Getty Images

A teenager suffered serious injuries after being electrocuted by overhead power lines following a fall from the roof of a railway station.

The 16-year-old was rushed to hospital amid the incident at Edinburgh Waverley at around 11pm on Monday, May 8.

Emergency personnel from Police Scotland and the Scottish Ambulance Service rushed to the scene, which was cordoned off for several hours.

Detectives from the British Transport Police (BTP) are now probing the incident and have issued an appeal for witnesses.

The boy remains at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh in a stable condition, officers said.

A BTP spokesperson added: “Anyone with information or who witnessed the incident is asked to contact BTP by calling 0800 40 50 40 or by texting 61016 – with reference 795 of May 8.

“Information can also be given anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”

STV News is now on WhatsApp

Get all the latest news from around the country

Follow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp

Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country

WhatsApp channel QR Code