Dog rushed to vet after eating 'pink poison pellets' in city park

The pooch was 'lucky' to make a full recovery from the incident.

Scottish SPCA appeal after dog rushed to hospital having eaten ‘rat poison pellets’ at Edinburgh Dovecot Park Scottish SPCA

An appeal for information has been launched after a dog ingested poison at an Edinburgh park.

Animal charity the Scottish SPCA reported that pink pellets believed to be “rat poison” was found at Dovecot Park in Edinburgh on Wednesday.

The dog involved was rushed to the vet and thankfully made a full recovery.

Scottish SPCA inspector, Stuart Murray said: “This is very concerning and the dog in question was very lucky to come away from the incident unharmed.

“The poison is in the form of pink pellets which we believe to be rat poison.

“Using poison, or any dangerous item, with the intent of deliberately harming animals is a crime and is enforceable by law.

“We would urge all pet owners in the area to be vigilant.

“If anyone has any information about this case or that toxic substances are being deliberately used against animals, then we would urge them to contact our confidential animal helpline on 03000 999 999.”

Police Scotland has been contacted for comment.

STV News is now on WhatsApp

Get all the latest news from around the country

Follow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp

Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country

WhatsApp channel QR Code