A man who suffered serious injuries during an alleged attempted murder bid at a home in Bo’ness has died.
Douglas Struthers was rushed to hospital in a life-threatening condition following the incident in the Barony Court area on Wednesday evening.
The 62-year-old was receiving treatment at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, but passed away on Saturday.
A 24-year-old man has since been arrested and charged over the incident.
He appeared at Falkirk Sheriff Court on Friday.
Police Scotland said enquiries into the incident were ongoing.
In an appeal issued earlier in the week, detective inspector William Harley said: “A man has been seriously injured as a result of this incident and I am appealing to anyone who was in the area and may have seen or heard anything to get in touch.
“Our investigation to establish the full circumstances is ongoing and officers are carrying out enquiries in the area. We believe this was an isolated incident and there is no risk to the wider public but anyone with concerns should speak to officers.”
Anyone who can help is asked to contact Police Scotland via 101, quoting incident number 2842 of Wednesday, September 14, or make a call anonymously to the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.