A man has been charged in connection with a machete attack in Edinburgh.
Police locked down Cumnor Crescent in the Liberton area of the capital on the evening of Saturday, January 7 following reports a man had been attacked with the weapon.
The 36-year-old was rushed to hospital with serious injuries as a result of the incident, which is said to have involved a man wearing a balaclava.
A suspect was then seen escaping the area in a car later found to be stolen.
Investigating officers have now confirmed the arrest of a 26-year-old man in connection with the attack.
He is due to appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Tuesday, January 24.
A Police Scotland spokesperson said: “Officers can confirm that a man has been arrested and charged in connection with a serious assault that happened around 8.35pm in Cumnor Crescent, on Saturday, January 7.”
STV News is now on WhatsApp
Get all the latest news from around the countryFollow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp
Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country