Killer son stabbed dad 110 times and filmed him as he lay bleeding

Christopher Gray posted a video of his stricken dad on Twitter.

Killer son stabbed dad 110 times and filmed him as he lay bleeding Google Maps

A killer son who left his father with 110 knife wounds filmed the pensioner as he lay bleeding.

Christopher Gray brutally attacked Alexander Gray, 73, at their home in Falkirk, Stirlingshire on February 23 this year.

The 49 year-old went online around 6.45am that morning and posted a video of his stricken dad on Twitter.

Police later forced entry after other relatives alerted them to their concerns.

Gray was discovered still clutching a knife while kneeling over Alexander, who was already dead.

Gray – who had no previous convictions – faced a murder charge at the High Court in Glasgow.

But, he was acquitted after prosecutors accepted he was suffering from a mental disorder at the time.

Prosecutor Alan Cameron told how there had been concerns about Gray days before the killing.

He had been found by police rambling incoherently and walking in the middle of the road.

He was assessed at hospital but was said not to meet the “criteria for compulsory detention”.

Mr Cameron: “Prior to release, police and medical staff spoke to his father, who indicated that this type of behaviour was not unusual and that he was happy to have him return to his property.”

However, tragedy struck on the morning of February 23 at the house.

Gray posted the Twitter video with the message “Down with Satan and his minions”.

Mr Cameron: “It showed his father lying on the floor, wheezing heavily and apparently bleeding from his head.

“Gray appeared to be filming him while standing over him making a series of bizarre comments.”

At 7.14am, Gray called his brother including stating to him he had “smacked dad around a wee bit”.

The advocate depute: “A further message containing references to similar matters was posted on his Twitter account ten minutes later.

“The message ‘tagged’ various other Twitter accounts including those of famous individuals.”

Gray went on to claim to his brother that he had “pushed” their dad, but that “he was fine and was now sleeping”.

Around 10am, Gray then told his sister Alexander was “unconscious”.

It was then police were alerted and they arrived soon after.

Gray threatened he would “blow the officers up” if they came in.

Back-up was called for and the police forced their way in around 11.15am.

Mr Cameron: “When they entered, they found Gray in a bedroom kneeling on the floor over his father and holding a knife.”

Gray dropped the blade before being handcuffed.

The court heard Alexander – also known as Alastair – had suffered a total of at least 110 “sharp force injuries” to the head, neck, chest and arm.

Mr Cameron: “All of these were inflicted by Gray repeatedly striking his father with a knife.

“The rest of the Gray family are devastated by his death and the manner of it.”

Gray is currently in the State Hospital at Carstairs. He watched the hearing via video-link on Friday.

Two psychiatrists had prepared reports for the court. 

It was concluded Gray was not “criminally responsible” for what happened due to a mental disorder.

Donald Findlay QC, defending, today/yesterday said: “He is sadly now aware of what has been described in court.”

Gray will remain at Carstairs meantime for treatment after judge Lady Stacey imposed an interim compulsion order.

The case will call again in February.

STV News is now on WhatsApp

Get all the latest news from around the country

Follow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp

Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country

WhatsApp channel QR Code