Boy who raped woman at knifepoint detained for seven years

The attack took place when the teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was just 14 .

A teenager who abducted a 20-year-old woman at knifepoint, forced her to strip naked and then raped her has been detained for seven years.

The attack took place when the teen, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was just 14 .

The schoolboy, now 15, pled guilty to abducting the woman, putting a knife at her neck, threatening her and then raping her in an area of wasteland in Methill, Fife, on January 29, last year.

At the High Court in Glasgow judge Lady Stacey told the 15-year-old, who sat in the dock: “What you did was very serious and it must have been very frightening for the young woman. It has had a serious effect on her life.

“This wasn’t acceptable behaviour.”

Lady Stacey told the teenager she accepted he was remorseful and added: “You will receive help in detention and you may not be such a danger as you were that night.”

She said: “It is up to you to take advantage of the help you are given and grow up and become a useful member of society.”

Prosecutor Derick Nelson said the woman was walking in Kirkland Road in Methil at around 8pm when the accused approached her and threatened her with a knife.

The teenager forced her towards a secluded area of waste ground in nearby Laird Avenue, where she was raped.

The court heard that the woman was walking towards shops and noticed the teenager walking behind her.

Mr Nelson said: “As he crossed the road, he ran towards her, placed his arms around her shoulders, held a knife to her neck and threatened to kill her should she not do as he asked.”

He demanded that she remove all her clothing and lie on the ground and fearing for her life she complied.

The terrified woman tried to scream and the teen put his hand over her mouth to prevent her from doing so.

He did this with such force he scratched her gums.

While he raped her he put the knife in his jacket pocket and the woman managed to grab it.

Mr Nelson said: “He immediately got to his feet and pleaded with her to give him back his knife, stating that he would not stab her.”

The woman ran off naked, screaming and carrying the knife.

She believed he initially gave chase, but she managed to get help from two men working at a nearby garage and she shouted: “Help me, he’s going to kill me.”

They gave her overalls to wear and dialled 999. During the call, one of the men said: “She is cowering on the floor.”

The woman was covered in cuts and bruises.

The schoolboy was snared after police carried out door-to-door inquiries and showed photographs of the knife.

It was recognised by a relative of the teen who said it had gone missing months ago. This led detectives to the accused.

His DNA was recovered from the knife and from her body.

The teenager was placed on the sex offenders’ register.

Solicitor advocate Iain Paterson, defending the boy, said: “He is remorseful.

“He never wanted to be in this position and hopes the treatment he receives will ensure this doesn’t happen.

“He has been diagnosed as having an autism spectrum disorder.”

STV News is now on WhatsApp

Get all the latest news from around the country

Follow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp

Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country

WhatsApp channel QR Code