A remorseful thief has returned a stolen bicycle to its owner along with an apology note and a chocolate bar near Dumfries.
The purple ladies mountain bike was stolen from a communal hallway at Herries Court in Heathhall.
It was taken sometime between 11.35pm on Sunday and 2.35pm the next day.
The bicycle was returned to the same spot at around 11.50pm on Monday night, along with a note of apology and a sweet treat.
A Dumfries and Galloway police spokesman said: "We had a bike stolen which was later recovered.
"When it was recovered it was found with a note and a bar of chocolate. The chocolate was a Dairy Milk."
He said that the case remained open, but the bicycle owner may be asked whether she wants the theft to be pursued or dropped.
More About Strange Scotland
- Skeleton from 'Dominican friary graveyard' found during city centre dig
- Secrets of mysterious Aberdeenshire museum mummy head revealed
- Mechanics find snake under bonnet as they try to jump start car
- Long-lost First World War shipwrecks rediscovered in North Sea
- Dinosaurs extinct because of 'colossal bad luck', study suggests
- Opening ceremony's giant dancing teacakes are put up for auction
- 'Fowl' play as chicken rescued from outside KFC fast food restaurant