A remorseful thief has returned a stolen bicycle to its owner along with an apology note and a chocolate bar near Dumfries.
The purple ladies mountain bike was stolen from a communal hallway at Herries Court in Heathhall.
It was taken sometime between 11.35pm on Sunday and 2.35pm the next day.
The bicycle was returned to the same spot at around 11.50pm on Monday night, along with a note of apology and a sweet treat.
A Dumfries and Galloway police spokesman said: "We had a bike stolen which was later recovered.
"When it was recovered it was found with a note and a bar of chocolate. The chocolate was a Dairy Milk."
He said that the case remained open, but the bicycle owner may be asked whether she wants the theft to be pursued or dropped.
More About Strange Scotland
- 'Major' gold deposits could lie beneath tiny Scottish village
- Dog 'driving' tractor causes chaos after crashing vehicle on M74
- Google joins race to find Loch Ness Monster on sighting anniversary
- Car-sized killer newt 'like something out of a bad monster movie'
- Earthquake rattles locals across island on Scotland's west coast
- Koala joins selfie craze with series of photographs at Edinburgh Zoo
- Massive sinkhole leaves golf course owners facing £16,000 bill