A remorseful thief has returned a stolen bicycle to its owner along with an apology note and a chocolate bar near Dumfries.
The purple ladies mountain bike was stolen from a communal hallway at Herries Court in Heathhall.
It was taken sometime between 11.35pm on Sunday and 2.35pm the next day.
The bicycle was returned to the same spot at around 11.50pm on Monday night, along with a note of apology and a sweet treat.
A Dumfries and Galloway police spokesman said: "We had a bike stolen which was later recovered.
"When it was recovered it was found with a note and a bar of chocolate. The chocolate was a Dairy Milk."
He said that the case remained open, but the bicycle owner may be asked whether she wants the theft to be pursued or dropped.
More About Strange Scotland
- 'Neglected' donkey left tied to fence was actually a garden ornament
- Excess seaweed forces partial shut down of nuclear power station
- Unusual weather phenomenon caught on camera in Western Isles
- T in the Park contractors unearth ancient roundhouse at new site
- Passenger plane swerved to avoid 'house-sized' weather balloon
- Investigation launched after two planes 'seen flying under bridge'
- 'Major' gold deposits could lie beneath tiny Scottish village