A remorseful thief has returned a stolen bicycle to its owner along with an apology note and a chocolate bar near Dumfries.
The purple ladies mountain bike was stolen from a communal hallway at Herries Court in Heathhall.
It was taken sometime between 11.35pm on Sunday and 2.35pm the next day.
The bicycle was returned to the same spot at around 11.50pm on Monday night, along with a note of apology and a sweet treat.
A Dumfries and Galloway police spokesman said: "We had a bike stolen which was later recovered.
"When it was recovered it was found with a note and a bar of chocolate. The chocolate was a Dairy Milk."
He said that the case remained open, but the bicycle owner may be asked whether she wants the theft to be pursued or dropped.
More About Strange Scotland
- Cast of notorious William Burke's brain among curiosities on display
- Greyfriars Bobby gets nose job to restore colour rubbed away 'for luck'
- Antibodies found in shark blood could help tackle breast cancer
- Four candles thief evokes classic sketch in court appearance
- Strange Scotland: Some of this week's more unusual stories
- Shetland bookie shop worker thought raid was Up Helly Aa stunt
- Seaweed forces closure of reactors at Torness nuclear power station