A man has died after collapsing in the street in Saltcoats on Monday.
The man, who has not been named by the police, took ill in Sharphill Road at around 3.40pm.
Emergency services attended the scene and took the man to hospital.
A spokeswoman for Police Scotland said: "The man was taken to Crosshouse Hospital in Kilmarnock, where he sadly died."
There are not thought to be any suspicious circumstances surrounding the death but a post mortem will be carried out in due course to establish the exact cause.
A report will also be sent to the procurator fiscal.
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on email@example.com.
Download: The STV News app is Scotland's favourite and is available for iPhone from the Apple store and for Android from Google Play. Download it today and continue to enjoy STV News wherever you are.
People who read this story also read
- Train services out of Glasgow Central Station severely disrupted
- Elderly woman dies when blaze breaks out at Clydebank home
- Weather warnings across Scotland as torrential showers forecast
- Much ado about graffiti as street artist tackles Shakespeare project
- Jools Holland and Beyonce's support all part of Edinburgh Jazz Festival