A motorist on the East Kilbride Expressway has reported spotting a mysterious object in the sky.
George King reported the mystery on the UK UFO Sightings website, following his unexplained sighting on Sunday, January 2 at around 8pm.
He said: "I was sitting in my car, facing west, when I noticed two orange lights - one smaller than the other - flying low.
"I thought it was a police helicopter but it kept coming with no noise and suddenly shot up skywards right in front of me.
"I jumped out of car to phone my son and to the left of me I saw a large, pear-shaped, bubble type thing heading towards Hamilton/Strathaven."
UFO expert and author Ron Halliday said: "There have been a number of sightings in the East Kilbride area, certainly since the beginning of this Millennium. It is somewhat of a hotspot for UFO activity, with a regular series of sightings.
"It is an intriguing sighting. There have been a number of odd objects seen in that area, strange things such as a coffin shaped UFO. Lights in the sky and moving off at a high speed both fit the patterns of a typical UFO report.
"Pear shaped is a new one to me, although ‘bubble’ shaped things are often described as looking like space crafts."
- Did you see the same thing as George? Or have you ever spotted a UFO in the skies above East Kilbride? Contact STV's East Kilbride reporter Kayleigh McLeod
More About Strange Scotland
- Skeleton of young man stabbed to death discovered at historic site
- Scottish students try out life on Mars for tomorrow's astronauts
- Morphsuits strike deal with Marvel to make superhero costumes
- Bronze Age skeleton excavated from school playground in Edinburgh
- 'Spanish' cat found in Aberdeenshire garage reunited with owner
- Scots scientists receive £4m to build drill to explore surface of Mars
- Records reveal historic plot to kidnap Queen Victoria at Balmoral