Rangers have confirmed the appointment of James Traynor as director of communications.
The Glasgow club said Mr Traynor, 59, would oversee the development of all of the club's media platforms from early 2013.
The former broadcaster left his role with the Daily Record earlier in December and has ceased working as a BBC Radio Scotland presenter.
A statement read: "James joins Rangers following a distinguished journalistic career with The Herald, Express and Daily Record newspapers as well as being a presenter with the BBC.
"In his role at Ibrox, James will be supported by the Rangers Media editorial team, the press office and external media advisers, Media House."
BBC Radio Scotland said it will produce a new programme to replace Your Call, the football phone-in show hosted my Mr Traynor.
Download: The STV News app is Scotland's favourite and is available for iPhone from the Apple store and for Android from Google Play. Download it today and continue to enjoy STV News wherever you are.
More About Focus on Rangers
- Rangers fan groups unite to back withholding of season ticket money
- Rangers oldco victory in big tax case contained 'errors in law'
- Charles Green due to give evidence in £500,000 Rangers lawsuit
- Rangers finance director Brian Stockbridge leaves by mutual consent
- Scotland Tonight: Are Rangers heading for the financial drop zone?
- Police in talks with Rangers over online 'abuse' of finance director
- Rangers board re-elected as rebel shareholders fail in AGM vote