A Halloween party-goer who was reported missing on a night out with friends has been found dead in the River Clyde.
Craig McCaffrey, who was wearing a gorilla costume, was reported missing on October 26 this year.
The 24-year-old had been at a Halloween party at the O2 Academy in Eglinton Street with his brother and two friends.
Police said at the time of his disappearance, Mr McCaffrey was wearing a gorilla costume without the mask on.
He was last seen heading down Eglinton Street near the venue towards Bridge Street.
On Monday, his body was recovered from the River Clyde close to the Glasgow Science Centre in Pacific Quay.
A Strathclyde Police spokeswoman said: "Relatives are aware and a full report will be sent to the procurator fiscal. The post mortem examination will not be carried out until next week, meantime, there would appear to be no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death."
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
People who read this story also read
- Rangers reveal Newcastle owner Mike Ashley among major investors
- Human bones found by workers building homes on former hospital site
- Gran machete attacker boasted it would be 'all over the news'
- Man in court charged with raping 25-year-old male in Glasgow park
- Church youth worker struck off after kissing boy in his care