The body of a pensioner has been dragged out of a canal in Glasgow.
Police were called to the Forth and Clyde Canal in Knightswood at around 7.20am on Wednesday and pulled the body of an 86-year-old man from the water.
A spokeswoman for Strathclyde Police said there were no suspicious circumstances and a report would be sent to the procurator fiscal.
She said: "At 7.20am this morning, the body of an 86-year-old man was recovered from the Forth and Clyde Canal.
"Initial investigations show there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death and a full report will be sent to the procurator fiscal."
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download: The STV News app is Scotland's favourite and is available for iPhone from the Apple store and for Android from Google Play. Download it today and continue to enjoy STV News wherever you are.
People who read this story also read
- Hit-and-run driver may not know they knocked down six-year-old
- Man charged with murder of 42-year-old following disturbance
- Thousands pay tribute to Caden Beggan after six-year-old's death
- Two injured after five-vehicle crash on M8 at Glasgow Airport
- Caden Beggan dies after 35,000 supporters follow progress on Facebook