A man has died in hospital after being found seriously injured at a house in North Lanarkshire.
Police were called to reports of a disturbance in Annathill Gardens, Coatbridge at around 7.40pm on Sunday.
A 42-year-old man was found with serious injuries and was taken to Glasgow Royal Infirmary to be treated. He died shortly after arriving at the hospital.
A 47-year-old man has been detained in connection with his death.
Strathclyde Police said a report will be sent to the procurator fiscal. They added they would not be identifying the man at the moment but his family have been informed.
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on email@example.com.
Download: The STV News app is Scotland's favourite and is available for iPhone from the Apple store and for Android from Google Play. Download it today and continue to enjoy STV News wherever you are.
People who read this story also read
- Traffic chaos on Expressway after car gets stuck in flood water
- Appeal to find out what happened to man found unconscious in street
- Rain hits Lanarkshire causing delays for commuters
- Woman ran to Tesco store for help after being attacked in street
- Nursery worker forced children's eyelids closed during nap time