A 92-year-old woman is recovering in hospital after she was knocked down by a car while crossing the road.
Strathclyde Police said the incident happened on Busby Road, Glasgow, at Clarkston Toll at about 10am on Thursday.
The pensioner was in collision with a silver Volkswagen Passat driven by a 37-year-old man, who was unhurt.
An ambulance took her to the Victoria Infirmary for treatment to back and leg injuries. Her condition is said to be serious but stable.
PC Roger Millar, of the road policing unit at Govan, said: "I would appeal to anyone who was in the area shortly about 10am on Thursday and saw the incident to come forward."
Anyone with information should call police on 0141 532 5400.
People who read this story also read
- Funeral of police officer who shot himself at Baird Street station
- Woman ran to Tesco store for help after being attacked in street
- Euromillions winners sue newspaper over 'monkey puzzle tree' story
- Amateur footballer jailed for breaking opponent's jaw loses appeal
- Tony Blair pays tribute to father who 'worked way up from nothing'