A section of one of Scotland's best-known streets has been cordoned off after a mystery hole appeared in the middle of the busy road.
Officers from Strathclyde Police are at the scene on Glasgow's Sauchiehall Street where a subsidence appeared without explanation on Thursday morning.
It is understood that a section of the road has collapsed at the intersection with Holland Street, opposite the Beresford building, a former hotel which now houses residential properties.
A spokeswoman for Strathclyde Police confirmed officers were on the scene whilst a Glasgow City Council spokesman told STV News the incident was being investigated.
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on email@example.com.
Download: The STV News app is Scotland's favourite and is available for iPhone from the Apple store and for Android from Google Play. Download it today and continue to enjoy STV News wherever you are.
People who read this story also read
- It could be you - £3.6m lottery winner has one day left to collect prize
- Celebrities and football world reacts to Celtic's win over Barcelona
- Teenager 'confused' over sexuality battered gay barman to death in Cumnock
- Cannabis farm worth £100,000 uncovered in drugs raid by police
- Police raid teenager's home over claims deer were hunted on golf course