A woman has died and a man has been injured after their motorcycle crashed head-on with two cars.
The 44-year-old female passenger was killed in the collision near Inverary in Argyll on Saturday afternoon.
The 51-year-old driver of the Kawasaki motorcycle was travelling southbound on the A83 at Strone Point when he collided with two northbound cars, a Fiat Punto and an Audi A3.
The drivers of the cars were not injured.
However, the motorcycle driver was taken by ambulance to Mid Argyll Hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
Constable Graham Neilson, from Strathclyde Police’s Road Policing Unit, is investigating the incident, which took place at around 4pm.
He said: "From our enquiries we know that there were at least two other vehicles on the road when the crash happened - another motorcycle and a car.
“I am keen to speak to the driver/occupants of both as they may have seen something that will help us with our enquiries.
“Anyone with information can contact the Road Policing Complex on 0141 532 6400."
People who read this story also read
- Attack on man found lying in the street treated as attempted murder
- Five men arrested for 'rioting and mobbing' in Glasgow city centre
- Two people injured after plane flips over and crashes at island airfield
- Weather warning: Heavy rain and strong winds to cause misery for motorists
- Teenager arrested over ‘sexual assault’ on four-year-old boy at supermarket