The STV Appeal 2012 has raised almost £2m towards helping Scotland's children living in poverty and Lanarkshire fundraisers were on hand to celebrate.
Groups including the Blantyre Boys Club, the East Kilbride Figure Skating Club and Coatbridge High School travelled to STV's studios in Glasgow to celebrate the achievement during The Big Live on Friday, September 7.
Organisations and clubs throughout Lanarkshire held fundraising events to help the STV Appeal, all helping towards raising more than £1.9m to help children in Scotland living in poverty.
Celebrities such as Amy MacDonald, Tony Roper and Manran joined host Lorraine Kelly for the show which put the charity in the spotlight.
You can still donate to the STV Appeal by visiting the appeal website.
More About STV Appeal
- CSBS Dancer instructor feels the pressure!
- The Falkirk Wheel raises screams and funds for STV Appeal
- STV Appeal raises £2,610,427 for Scotland's children living in poverty
- STV Appeal raises £2.6m for Scottish children living in poverty
- Cricket Scotland raises £1000 for STV Appeal via charity ‘Cricket-a-thon’
- McTear’s Auction in aid of STV Appeal is officially now in full swing!
- Quiz night raises cash for children living in poverty
- Lanarkshire fundraisers help STV Appeal raise almost £2m
- Law firm opens its doors for STV Appeal coffee morning
- Delicious dish demonstrations raise hundreds for the STV Appeal
- Pupils get their own back on teachers with charity gunge-fest
- Superheroes help football club raise more than £1000 for children's charity
- STV Appeal: Pupils cycle the distance from Coatbridge to John O'Groats
- STV Appeal poker tournament raises hundreds for children in poverty
- Shoppers face their fears to raise funds for the STV Appeal
- STV Appeal: Hundreds of pounds raised by MSP in charity ice skate