Tributes have been paid to a man who was found dead at a flat in Fife.
Fife Constabulary said the body of 45-year-old Robert Shankland was found at an address at Brodie Court, Glenrothes, on Wednesday.
On Thursday his family paid tribute to him in a statement released through the police.
It read: "Robert was a much loved son, who will be sorely missed by all who knew him. He was a caring person who always had time for others. As a family we would appreciate if we could be left to grieve in peace at this difficult time."
On Thursday three people appeared at Kirkcaldy Sheriff Court in connection with the death.
Paris Green, 21, Kevin McDonagh, 23, and Dean Smith, 19, were all charged with murder during the private appearance.
They made no plea or declaration, the case was continued and they were remanded in custody.
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on email@example.com.
Download: The STV News app is Scotland's favourite and is available for iPhone from the Apple store and for Android from Google Play. Download it today and continue to enjoy STV News wherever you are.
People who read this story also read
- Three people in court charged with murder after body found in Fife
- Man claimed he slashed friend's neck with Samurai sword as a 'joke'
- Bogus lawyer Di Stefano jailed for 14 years for frauds worth £1m
- School league tables: Breakdown of every Scottish school's performance
- Police seize drugs worth £200,000 from cannabis farm in Fife