A man is to stand trial next year charged with murdering of a father.
Jamie Cumming appeared for a preliminary hearing at the High Court in Glasgow.
The 36-year-old is accused of killing James Getty outside The Maltman pub at the junction of Mains Road and Mid Road, Dundee on June 1 this year.
Cumming is alleged to have struck the father repeatedly with a knife or similar instrument.
Cumming faces a separate charge that he assaulted Mr Getty, 29, at The Maltman by punching him on the head to his injury.
He has pled not guilty to all of the charges.
Judge Lord Bracadale set a trial for February next year at the High Court in Dundee.
Download: The STV News app is Scotland's favourite and is available for iPhone from the Apple store and for Android from Google Play. Download it today and continue to enjoy STV News wherever you are.
People who read this story also read
- Man handed knives to waitress and told her he had 'stabbed people'
- Man denies sexually assaulting woman and conspiring to murder her
- Two men left injured following attack outside city centre Burger King
- Death of 14-week-old baby boy treated as unexplained, police say
- Would-be bomber admits planning to kill his sex offender father