Police have formally identified the body of a man recovered from the River Errochty in Perthshire.
The man's body was found near to Old Struan at about 2.20pm on Wednesday.
On Thursday Tayside Police said the man had been named as 52-year old John MacGillivary of Old Struan, Pitlochry.
A spokeswoman said: "Mr MacGillivary's family are understandably upset by their sudden loss and have said that he will be greatly missed.
"They do not wish to make any further comments and have requested that their privacy is respected at this difficult time."
She added that there were no apparent suspicious circumstances and inquiries into the full set of circumstances of the incident are on-going.
A report on the matter will be submitted to the procurator fiscal.
Feedback: We want your feedback on our site. If you've got questions, spotted an inaccuracy or just want to share some ideas about our news service, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
People who read this story also read
- Road reopens after collision between van and electricity pole
- Driver taken to hospital after lorry overturns in crash on A9
- Man handed knives to waitress and told her he had 'stabbed people'
- Horror fanatic displays Halloween memorabilia at auction house
- Man arrested in connection with 'vicious' rape of young woman