A motorist has been killed after a lorry and car collided on the A9 north of Dunkeld.
Both vehicles were travelling in the northbound carriageway when the incident occurred at around 3.25pm on Saturday.
The road has been closed in both directions between Dunkeld and Ballinluig.
Diversions have been set up and police are advising motorists to avoid the route.
A spokeswoman for Tayside Police said the road is expected to be closed for a considerable period of time.
People who read this story also read
- A90 was closed in both directions after woman's body found on road
- Average speed cameras could be installed on 'Scotland’s deadliest road'
- Motorcyclist killed in accident on Highland road is named
- Safari park animals at Blair Drummond enjoy Halloween trick or treat
- Mattress stolen from scene of serious sexual assault in Perth