A man who collapsed shortly after a street attack has died in hospital.
The 38-year-old suffered head injuries in the attack in Strathmartine Road, Dundee, at around 9.30pm on Tuesday.
He refused medical attention when paramedics arrived and returned home but an ambulance was called when he collapsed the following day.
He was taken to Ninewells Hospital where he lost his fight for life on Friday evening.
An 18-year-old man appeared at court on Friday in connection with the incident.
People who read this story also read
- Man, 58, dies following two-car crash on Dundee dual carriageway
- Teenager charged with assault that left man critically ill in hospital
- Man taken to hospital following two-car crash on the Kingsway in Dundee
- Five men remain in hospital after Stirling road accident that injured 10
- Driver, 69, killed in one-vehicle crash on rural road is named