An 18-year-old man has been charged in connection with a street disturbance which left a 38-year-old man critically ill in hospital.
Tayside Police said the teenager had been charged with assault to severe injury and was due to appear at Dundee Sheriff Court on Friday.
Emergency services were called to Strathmartine Road, near to Butterburn Square, after 9.30pm on Tuesday following reports of a disturbance, where they found the injured man.
He declined medical attention at the time but the following day the ambulance service attended at an address in Strathmartine Road, where they found him unconscious. He was taken to Ninewells Hospital in Dundee where he is still described as being in a critical condition.
People who read this story also read
- Tributes for school assistant who died after bike collided with car
- Gang of five men rob and attack 25-year-old as he walked along street
- Pensioner dies in one-vehicle accident that closes rural road
- Royal python snake gives 10-year-old owner the slip in Arbroath
- Osborne targets SNP plan to keep the pound in case for Union