A seven-year-old boy is in a critical condition in Perth Royal Infirmary after being hit by a car in Perth.
The boy is thought to have been struck by a silver car at around 3.30pm on Monday.
The accident forced the closure of Strathtay Road while crash investigators and the force's Road Traffic Unit examined the scene.
Inspector Julie Robertson said: "The boy was conveyed to hospital, where his condition is described as critical."
Tayside Police are appealing to anyone who was in the area at the time who may have seen the incident or events leading up to it to contact police on 0300 111 2222.
People who read this story also read
- Woman biker killed after motorcycle collides with car in Perthshire
- Passenger injured after she plunged through back door of Citylink bus
- Man in two-week prison blunder after prosecutors dropped his case
- Farmer 'lucky to be alive' after being gored by herd of water buffalo
- Mother who lost son to drugs calls for more action to tackle problem