Potentially deadly legionella bacteria have been found in showers at a Dundee community centre.
The discovery was made after routine testing of the showers in the men's changing area at Menzieshill Community Centre.
According to Dundee City Council, no-one has been affected and there are no health issues.
A spokesman for the council said NHS Tayside had been informed and tests had been conducted and measures taken to eradicate the bug.
He said: "As a result of routine water sampling, Dundee City Council can confirm that legionella bacteria have been found in the shower heads at Menzieshill Community Centre.
"The shower area has been closed and the water system has been thoroughly treated. As a precautionary measure new showers are to be installed.
"The city council follows a rigorous health and safety regime which includes regular testing for legionella bacteria.
"Officials from NHS Tayside's health protection team are fully aware of the circumstances and actions taken by the council. In their view, there are no public health issues.
"The community centre continues to remain open to the public."
Legionella bacteria can cause two types of illness, legionnaires' disease, which can be deadly or milder symptoms, similar to flu.
The discovery in Dundee follows the recent outbreak of legionnaires' disease in Edinburgh that caused the deaths of three people and affected more than 100 others.