Vandals picked paint off a postbox painted gold to mark Andy Murray's tennis title at London 2012 Olympics.
The celebratory box was painted in Murray's home town of Dunblane on Monday to commemorate the tennis star's singles win over Roger Federer.
He was beaten by the Swiss tennis player at this year's Wimbledon Final, but cruised to victory at Centre Court on Sunday.
The 25-year-old also recently picked up a silver medal alongside Laura Robson in the mixed doubles at London 2012.
The Royal Mail said the postbox was repainted after the vandalism was discovered on Wednesday.
A statement from the Royal Mail said: "We are extremely disappointed that someone has chosen to vandalise the gold postbox painted to recognise the gold medal winning achievement of Andy Murray.
"We have teams around the UK which look after and maintain our 115,000 post boxes and we have already repaired the damage to this box."
More About Olympics 2012
- Team GB Handball coach ready for homecoming game at Ravenscraig
- Olympic rower Katherine Grainger receives CBE from Princess Royal
- Jamie McLaughlin named East Kilbride Pirates' player of the year
- Opinion: Is Andy Murray the greatest ever Scottish sportsman?
- Day in quotes: Edinburgh Parade and Sir Chris Hoy's Freedom of the City
- Edinburgh’s parade in pictures, Tweets and Olympic medals
- Sir Chris Hoy receives the Freedom of the City of Edinburgh
- Andy Murray’s girlfriend Kim Sears shows off medal winning puppies
- Andy Murray delivers another gold: Postbox painted in honour of tennis ace
- Andy Murray lifts gold medal after Wimbledon rematch against Roger Federer
- Andy Murray into Olympic final with straight-sets win over Novak Djokovic
- Roger Federer v Andy Murray: As it happened in the Wimbledon final
People who read this story also read
- 14-year-old boy dies after falling while climbing a fence on holiday
- Dog fighting for survival after spending eight days lying by dead owner
- A90 between Dundee and Aberdeen named as fastest road in UK
- Son tells pensioner murder trial how he found his 80-year-old mother's body
- Former football manager faces charges over indecent image of child