Dundee's Lord provost has condemned the 'mindless vandalism' of the city's war memorial.
The memorial on the Law in Dundee was thought to have been sprayed sprayed with blue graffiti on Monday or Tuesday.
Complaints were made to Dundee City Council and the response team removed the graffiti on Wednesday.
Lord provost Bob Duncan said: "I am sure that everyone in Dundee will join with me in condemning this mindless vandalism. The memorial is a tribute to those from Dundee who have made the ultimate sacrifice and I am appalled by what has happened.
"I would appeal for anyone with information to contact Tayside Police."
A spokesman for Dundee City Council said: "We received a complaint about vandalism to the war memorial on the Law in Dundee and responded."
Tayside Police said no complaints has been received about the incident.
People who read this story also read
- Former football manager faces charges over indecent image of child
- Male stripper 'recklessly exposed himself at busy city restaurant'
- Dog fighting for survival after spending eight days lying by dead owner
- Plans for flood defences to come under scrutiny at public meeting
- Former wrestler Mick Foley speaks about his time at the Edinburgh Fringe