A young boy who fell to his death from the window of a block of flats has been named by police.
Three-year-old Rhys Alexander died at Dundee's Ninewells Hospital after sustaining a serious head injury in the fall at the city's Denhead Crescent on Friday.
It is understood he fell from a window on the second floor of the building.
A spokesman said: "Tayside Police were called to Dundee's Denhead Crescent shortly after 2.30pm yesterday where a three-year-old boy was found to have sustained a serious head injury after falling from a flat.
"He was taken by ambulance to Ninewells Hospital where sadly he died a short time later. He has since been identified as being Rhys Alexander of Denhead Crescent.
"As with all sudden deaths, a report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal."
People who read this story also read
- University blunder allows pupils to access exam results a week early
- Is this the picture that proves the Loch Ness monster really exists?
- Pilot, 59, dies after glider crashes into field outside north-east town
- Three-year-old boy dies after falling from window at block of flats
- Thousands set to descend on town as Sea Fest gets under way