A man has died after his glider crashed in a field, police said.
Emergency services were called to the scene near Kirriemuir, Angus, at around 12.45pm on Saturday.
Tayside Police said the 59-year-old man was the only person in the aircraft and no-one else was injured.
The force said inquiries are ongoing.
Tayside Fire and Rescue officers said they were called to Drumshade Farm near Kirriemuir following a report that a glider may have come down but their services were not needed.
The man's identity has not yet been released.
People who read this story also read
- Three-year-old boy who died after falling from block of flats is named
- Caravan park manager embezzled £60,000 in two-year scam
- Thousands set to descend on town as Sea Fest gets under way
- University blunder allows pupils to access exam results a week early
- Three-year-old boy dies after falling from window at block of flats