Eight terrified people have been evacuated from their homes after a fire broke out at a Chinese takeaway in Crieff, Perthshire.
Fire crews raced to the blaze in a ground floor storage area on High Street at about 03:20.
They battled dense smoke to search the building and tackle the fire. Residents from neighbouring flats were moved to safety.
No-one was injured. The cause of the blaze is being investigated.
People who read this story also read
- Energy firm in £1.4bn bid to build wind farm off Scottish coast
- Woman accused of picking up four-year-old and throwing her at man
- 14-year-old boy missing from home for three days found 'safe and well'
- Care home worker ‘used vacuum to clean food off elderly man's body'
- Police officer 'drove into seven-year-old girl with marked car'