A man who killed a former neighbour and attempted to hide his body is facing a life sentence.
Joseph Ramage, 39, attacked father-of-three Stewart Barrett following an altercation at a property in Kirkintilloch, East Dunbartonshire, in November 2011.
He later dumped the 34-year-old's corpse within woods near to the Carron Valley Reservoir in Stirlingshire.
Ramage was convicted of murder and attempting to defeat the ends of justice following a trial at the High Court in Glasgow.
Co-accused Paul McManus, 33, was cleared of the killing, but found guilty of helping Ramage remove the body.
Judge Sean Murphy QC deferred sentencing until August 3 at the High Court in Edinburgh.
It emerged after the verdict that Ramage has previous convictions for assault.
People who read this story also read
- Police saw queue of 'customers' at drug dealer's tent at T in the Park
- Man denies murdering 80-year-old pensioner and stealing £15,000 from her
- 'Respected and trusted' administrator embezzled £30,000 from school funds
- Olympic security crisis forces police to shun G4S in covering Hampden games
- 'Naked Rambler' arrested in Fife days after being freed from prison