A 33-year-old man has appeared in court accused of attempted murder following an alleged street disturbance which is said to have left a man with stab wounds.
Richard Deane, of Brechin, appeared at Forfar Sheriff Court on Wednesday.
He made no plea or declaration during the brief private appearance on petition.
His case was continued and he was remanded in custody.
Emergency services were called to reports of a disturbance at the junction of Montrose Street and Scott Street in Brechin at around 12.30am on Monday.
A 40-year-old man was taken to Ninewells Hospital where he remains in a serious condition in the hospital.
Two other men, aged 31 and 40, have also been charged with breach of the peace.
People who read this story also read
- Grandmother subjected granddaughter to five-year catalogue of neglect
- Man accused of attempting to murder newborn baby looked 'really worried'
- Two men 'leap out of car' in assault that left pedestrian seriously injured
- Good Samaritans thanked for rescuing woman who fell into river
- 45 firefighters tackle 'suspicious' blaze for more than seven hours