A woman is fighting for her life after crashing her car into a cow.
The 35-year-old hit the animal on the A811 Stirling to Dumbarton road shortly before midnight on Friday.
Central Scotland Police said she suffered serious injuries and is in the Forth Valley Hospital.
A spokesman said her condition is thought to be life- threatening.
The road was closed for around three hours for investigations to take place.
Anyone who witnessed the crash is being asked to contact police.
People who read this story also read
- RAF Leuchars Typhoons to flypast Scottish cities for Armed Forces Day
- Parades and events held across Scotland to mark Armed Forces Day
- Nun 'force-fed boy Marmite and physically abused him' in care home
- Rail passengers continue to face disruption after flooding and landslides
- Investigation into sexual assault of 14-year-old girl near seafront