Thieves have stolen two 50ft-high street lights from a road in Dundee.
Police believe the thieves must have taken down the lamp posts using specialist equipment and may have cut them into pieces.
The thefts were made sometime in the last three weeks and it appears the same street was targeted on two separate occasions.
A spokesman for Dundee City Council said the thefts were reported to the police.
A force spokeswoman added: "Tayside Police are aware of the incident and if anyone has any information, please contact us on 0300 111 2222."
People who read this story also read
- Woman who stabbed housemate to death during sex games to be sentenced
- Syria-bound Russian 'arms' ship turns back after being halted near Scotland
- Male tea drinkers 'could increase the risk of prostate cancer'
- Beer delivery driver among 229 motorists caught in drink-drive clampdown
- Police anxious to trace two teenagers missing from their homes