An elderly man has died in a serious crash between a car and a lorry on a rural road.
Emergency services attended the collision between the Mercedes car and a Volvo lorry near Forfar in Angus.
The smash occurred at around 3.35pm on Wednesday on the minor road from Hillend to Dunnichen village, near the village of Kirkbuddo.
A spokeswoman for the Scottish Ambulance Service confirmed the 82-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene of the smash and no other casualties were recorded.
Police said the driver of the lorry had passed a roadside breath test while the vehicles had been removed from the area for further inspection.
As a result of the crash the road was closed while emergency services and crash investigators worked at the scene.
A spokesman for Tayside Police said the force, Tayside Fire and Rescue and the ambulance service all attended.
Diversions have been put in place in the area while emergency services continue to deal with the incident.
People who read this story also read
- Broadcaster Stuart Cosgrove and his wife denied entry to Sri Lanka
- Woman injured after vehicle flips on its side in collision on country road
- Baby born in hospital car park after parents stopped by police roadblocks
- Driver who sped through town with man clinging to her bonnet jailed
- Eight-year-old girl dies after being struck by bus while riding bicycle