A man is due to appear in court over the death of another man who died after a fight outside a pub.
Police said James Getty, 29, from the Hilltown area of Dundee, was assaulted during the incident outside the Maltman pub, in the city's Main Street, at about 11pm on Friday.
He was taken to Ninewells Hospital but died a short time later.
A 35-year-old man has been arrested by in connection with his death and is due to appear at Dundee Sheriff Court on Monday.
People who read this story also read
- Driver dies after lorry and traffic management vehicle crash on M80
- Serviceman who was killed in the Falklands conflict to be honoured by MSP
- Computer games competition attracts record number of entries
- Police investigation launched following the death of a child in Stirling
- One man suffers serious head wound and another injured in disturbance