A woman has died following a crash between a car and a lorry in Perth and Kinross.
The accident happened shortly before 1pm on Wednesday on the M90 northbound between Craigend and Broxden Roundabout.
The 79-year-old woman was driving a silver Honda car when it collided with the van. The lorry driver is understood to be uninjured.
The M90 has been closed Northbound at Junction 10, Craigend, due to the accident and diversions are in place via A912 Edinburgh Road, to return to M90 via A93 Glasgow Road.
There is heavy traffic in the area and motorists have been advised to seek an alternative route.
Tayside Fire and Rescue Service sent two appliances to the scene as well as a heavy rescue unit from Perth.
Ambulance and Tayside Police are also in attendance at the scene.
Tayside Police are carrying out an investigation and have asked anyone who was in the area when the collision happened to contact the Force on 0300 111 2222.
People who read this story also read
- Driver who sped through town with man on her bonnet blames her hormones
- Summer here to stay as temperatures soar to another record high
- Mother of teenager killed in car crash launches road safety campaign
- Woman taken to hospital with chest injuries after being knocked down
- Hearts fan sees team lift trophy hours after winning £1m on EuroMillions