A man who sparked an overnight search after walking out of his home has been found dead.
Police launched an urgent search for Nicholas Butcher, 54, after he left his home in Murthly, near Perth, at around 11pm on Saturday night amid growing concerns about his welfare.
However, just over seven hours after police issued a public call for assistance in tracing Mr Butcher he was found dead.
A Tayside Police spokesman said: "Mr Butcher has sadly been found deceased.
"Tayside Police are currently investigating the circumstances and in the case of all sudden deaths a report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal.
"There are no suspicious circumstances suspected. The family are particularly distressed."
People who read this story also read
- Woman dies after suffering head injury during fall at night club
- 73-year-old drove onto crossing as 90mph Glasgow-bound train approached
- Father who chased and tackled schoolboy over stone throwing in court
- Two people airlifted to hospital after two-car crash in the Highlands
- Man threatened with knife and robbed as he walked with friend