Health Secretary Nicola Sturgeon has unveiled plans for minimum pricing for alcohol.
She say that too many Scots are drinking themselves to death and it's time for it to stop.
The move would see a bottle of wine cost no less than £4.69, and a bottle of whisky no less than £14.
However, the plan is opposed by large retailers and the spirits industry
Scotland Tonight spoke to the Health Secretary about the proposal.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: What's the best measure of sporting greatness?
- Scotland Tonight: Do MPs deserve to be given an 11% pay rise?
- Scotland Tonight: What can be done to improve helicopter safety?
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Scotland Tonight: How can we better care for dementia sufferers?
- Scotland Tonight: Do you think Pope Francis is Person of the Year?
- Scotland Tonight: Is the action plan for human rights working?