Health Secretary Nicola Sturgeon has unveiled plans for minimum pricing for alcohol.
She say that too many Scots are drinking themselves to death and it's time for it to stop.
The move would see a bottle of wine cost no less than £4.69, and a bottle of whisky no less than £14.
However, the plan is opposed by large retailers and the spirits industry
Scotland Tonight spoke to the Health Secretary about the proposal.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Nicola Sturgeon and Michael Moore clash in independence debate
- Analysis: Who won the Scotland Tonight debate on independence?
- Debate: Nicola Sturgeon and Michael Moore cross-examine each other
- Currency, oil and debt: The economics of Scottish independence
- Nicola Sturgeon and Michael Moore make their case to viewers
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- What convinced French-born MSP Christian Allard to join the SNP?