A group of people created a disturbance and threw an object at a Rangers employee at the club's stadium at the weekend.
Strathclyde Police confirmed they had received a report of a disturbance by a group at Ibrox at 4pm on Sunday.
An object was reportedly thrown at a member of staff at Rangers, but it did not hit anyone.
A Strathclyde Police spokeswoman said: "We received a report of a group of people causing a disturbance at Ibrox on Sunday.
"Officers are investigating reports that a member of staff at the stadium had an object thrown at them, which did not hit anyone. Enquiries are continuing."
Rangers finished their season on Sunday, with an away win against St Johnstone.
On their official Twitter account, the club posted confirmation on Sunday that they had reported the matter to police.
They tweeted: "The club contacted Strathclyde Police following an incident at Ibrox Stadium earlier today and they are now investigating the matter."
People who read this story also read
- Ticketus say 'no future involvement' after Green's Rangers bid accepted
- Craig Whyte 'offered £15m to pay Rangers tax case from personal wealth'
- Hearts fan burnt his cup final ticket trying to iron out creases
- Ng complains of 'unfair treatment' from Ticketus over Rangers bid
- Two men arrested after taxi driver 'robbed and assaulted' in city