Police are appealing for witnesses after a crash left a woman, a teenage boy, and two young girls in hospital.
They were passengers in a car that collided with a stationary light goods vehicle in Lochend Street in Campbeltown, Argyll and Bute on Friday night.
It happened shortly before 8pm, Strathclyde police said.
The 38-year-old male driver sustained minor injuries in the crash.
The 45-year-old woman and the 14-year-old boy were taken to the Southern General Hospital by air ambulance for medical attention.
The girls, aged five and three, were taken to Yorkhill Hospital, also by air ambulance.
Their conditions are described as stable.
A police spokesman described the crash as "serious".
People who read this story also read
- Driver cut free from vehicle by fire crews after crash on A82
- Teenage driver killed in collision with van on popular beachfront
- Drink driver crashed car on the way home from court appearance
- One person missing and 15 others evacuated after fire at terraced houses
- Tributes to 18-year-old girl who died after car crashes into tree