A man has appeared in court charged with murder after another man was hit by a tipper truck.
Frank Baxter, 23, died in hospital after the incident in Crindledyke Crescent in Newmains, North Lanarkshire, on Tuesday night.
A 31-year-old man was also injured in the incident.
He was taken to Wishaw General Hospital where he remains in a stable condition with leg injuries.
Joseph Townsley, 62, from Wishaw, was charged with murder and attempted murder when he appeared at Hamilton Sheriff Court on Friday.
He made no plea or declaration and was remanded in custody.
People who read this story also read
- Body found in abandoned building identified as missing mother
- Teenagers slash taxi driver’s face with piece of glass before robbing him
- More than 200 staff laid off as construction firms enter administration
- Rangers crisis: Blue Knights claim Ibrox club has 'run out of time'
- Two people suffering from a vomiting bug have died in hospital in Paisley