For many of us, streets strewn with litter are the bane of modern life.
The leading environmental charity, Keep Scotland Beautiful, is now urging all of us to get behind the 2012 National Spring Clean campaign.
Problems include discarded cigarette butts, chewing gum, and fast-food packaging.
To discuss what exactly can be done to tackle the scourge, Scotland Tonight discussed the issue with Carole Noble, head of operations at Keep Scotland Beautiful, and the Daily Record columnist Joan Burnie.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: The life, death and legacy of Nelson Mandela
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Scotland Tonight: Is the Better Together leadership effective?
- Scotland Tonight: Should Grangemouth embrace a future of shale gas?
- Scotland Tonight: Is UKIP north of the border at war with itself?
- Scotland Tonight: How does our education system compare globally?
- Scotland Tonight: A reflection on the The Clutha helicopter crash