For many of us, streets strewn with litter are the bane of modern life.
The leading environmental charity, Keep Scotland Beautiful, is now urging all of us to get behind the 2012 National Spring Clean campaign.
Problems include discarded cigarette butts, chewing gum, and fast-food packaging.
To discuss what exactly can be done to tackle the scourge, Scotland Tonight discussed the issue with Carole Noble, head of operations at Keep Scotland Beautiful, and the Daily Record columnist Joan Burnie.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Has Yes Scotland done enough to make the case for independence?
- Should the ten First Division clubs break away and form SPL2?
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Can anything be done to save Scotland's endangered species?
- How can we protect ourselves from the threat of terrorist attacks?
- How relevant is sectarianism to life in modern Scotland?
- Should Scotland vote Yes or No for a brighter economic future?