For many of us, streets strewn with litter are the bane of modern life.
The leading environmental charity, Keep Scotland Beautiful, is now urging all of us to get behind the 2012 National Spring Clean campaign.
Problems include discarded cigarette butts, chewing gum, and fast-food packaging.
To discuss what exactly can be done to tackle the scourge, Scotland Tonight discussed the issue with Carole Noble, head of operations at Keep Scotland Beautiful, and the Daily Record columnist Joan Burnie.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: Was law too lenient on faulty implants boss?
- Scotland Tonight: Is the action plan for human rights working?
- Scotland Tonight: Clutha responders record single with Jai McDowall
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- How much of a problem is rowdy behaviour at football matches?
- Does STV poll show momentum shifting in favour of independence?
- Scotland Tonight: The life, death and legacy of Nelson Mandela