For many of us, streets strewn with litter are the bane of modern life.
The leading environmental charity, Keep Scotland Beautiful, is now urging all of us to get behind the 2012 National Spring Clean campaign.
Problems include discarded cigarette butts, chewing gum, and fast-food packaging.
To discuss what exactly can be done to tackle the scourge, Scotland Tonight discussed the issue with Carole Noble, head of operations at Keep Scotland Beautiful, and the Daily Record columnist Joan Burnie.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Should Scotland vote Yes or No for a brighter economic future?
- How relevant is sectarianism to life in modern Scotland?
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- What would impact of independence be for pensions and savings?
- How will Kirk's decision to allow gay ministers affect the church?
- Nicola Sturgeon and Michael Moore clash in independence debate
- Analysis: Who won the Scotland Tonight debate on independence?