A man was attacked as he waited for a bus in South Lanarkshire.
The 27-year-old victim was waiting for a bus at the Cathkin bypass, in Rutherglen, when he was assaulted by two men.
Police said the victim suffered leg injuries in the attack, which took place at around 10.30am on Tuesday
The victim was taken by ambulance to the Glasgow Victoria Infirmary where he received treatment before he was later released.
A spokeswoman for Strathclyde Police said: "It was apparently an unprovoked attack
"The two men involved exited a small, red motor vehicle before attacking the victim.
"The first suspect is described as being in his early to mid 30s with dark hair. The second man was described as being small and aged in his mid to late 40s with grey hair."
Police are appealing for any witnesses to contact Rutherglen police office on 0141 532 5200 or alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
People who read this story also read
- Rangers crisis: Blue Knights claim Ibrox club has 'run out of time'
- Long to rain over us: Prince Charles takes over Scots weather forecast
- Explosion after thief cuts through live electrical cable
- 50 firefighters tackle major blaze at tenement building in Glasgow
- Nursery worker filmed and photographed abuse of two toddlers