A man has been arrested after a 12-year-old boy was assaulted and robbed.
The boy was attacked before his mobile phone was taken on Craigmillar Road at around 9.15pm on Wednesday.
Police were called to the scene and arrested a 21-year-old man. He has been charged with assault and robbery and is due to appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Friday.
Officers are still trying to track down another man who was with the 21-year-old at the time of the incident.
Lothian and Borders Police would like him to come forward.
A spokesman for the force said: "Police responded and a man was quickly arrested in connection with this incident.
"We believe the male who was in his company would have witnessed the alleged crime taking place and we would like him to get in touch and assist with our enquiries."
Anyone with any information about the incident is asked to contact police on 0131 311 3131 or through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- Prison officers join public sector walkout over reforms to their pensions
- All applications for extended pub opening on cup final day refused
- Wallaby recovering in hospital after suffering smoke inhalation in zoo fire
People who read this story also read
- Couple scoops £850,000 after matching six balls on the lottery
- Explosion after thief cuts through live electrical cable
- Missing 10-year-old girl is found safe and well in Edinburgh
- 21-year-old arrested over attempted armed robbery at newsagents
- Election recount for Glasgow after votes in ballot box not included