Extra police patrols have been put in place after a woman's body was discovered in a disused factory unit.
The body was found on Wednesday afternoon by a group of teenagers at the unit on Cowlairs Road in Glasgow's Springburn area.
Strathclyde Police said the discovery was made at around 2.30pm.
The woman is believed to have been in her 30s and police said they are treating the death as suspicious.
A post-mortem examination is set to take place on Thursday.
Detective Inspector Brian Dodd said: "We believe the woman to be aged in her 30's. At this time we have still to identify her and numerous checks are being carried out, including looking at all missing person reports.
"A post mortem examination is expected to take place later this afternoon to establish the exact cause of death. Until then, we won't speculate.
"Due to the circumstances surrounding where she was found, her death will be treated as suspicious meantime.
"Her body was found in an isolated area however I would ask anyone who frequents this part of Springburn and saw anyone or anything suspicious to come forward. Meanwhile, extra patrols will be in the area."
Anyone with information is asked to contact Baird Street CID on 0141 532 4116. Alternatively telephone Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
People who read this story also read
- Four people in hospital after ‘knife rampage’ on city street
- Elderly woman assaulted and robbed after withdrawing cash from ATM
- Police officer injured girlfriend and three others in high-speed crash
- Rangers administrators 'could sell off club's assets' to keep it alive
- Rangers owner Craig Whyte agrees to sell his 85% shareholding in club