A hillwalker has been reported missing after last speaking to his family three days ago.
Paul Henry is believed to have travelled to the Isle of Arran to go walking. When he spoke to a relative in a phone call at 12.45pm on Sunday he said he was in the Brodick area of the island.
The 31-year-old, from Stranraer, was last seen at 5pm on Saturday at Ardrossan Ferry Terminal.
Strathclyde Police said no one has heard from him since Sunday.
A force spokeswoman added: “Police and the members of Paul's family are becoming increasing concerned for his safety.”
He is described as 5ft 6in with short brown hair. When last seen he was wearing a black jacket, blue trousers and was carrying a red rucksack.
Officers are urging anyone who has seen Mr Henry since Sunday to call them on 01294 404599.
People who read this story also read
- Body of missing 31-year-old hillwalker is discovered on island
- Disgraced teacher struck off for having sex with pupils in school cupboard
- Four people in hospital after ‘knife rampage’ on city street
- Faulty helicopter airlifted from one of Scotland's highest mountains
- Woman driver dies after car hits a tree on busy commuter road