**Rangers preferred bidder, US tycoon Bill Miller has dropped his interest after looking at the Ibrox books. ** In the latest dramatic twist in the Rangers crisis, Bill Miller abandoned his bid after undertaking due diligence.
He blamed fresh information about the club's financial situation and fan opposition.
Following his announcement, the under-pressure administrators revealed that three other takeover bids are now being evaluated with the utmost urgency.
Scotland Tonight discussed the development with football finance expert Neil Patey; Mark Dingwall from the Rangers Supporters Trust and the sportswriter Graham Spiers.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Are people with learning disabilities still bullied in Scotland?
- Would free contraception for 13-year-olds bring down pregnancy rate?
- Greg Hemphill and Robert Florence prepare for wrestling bout
- Is the G8 a talking shop for world leaders or capable of change?
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Moors Murderer Ian Brady 'suffers from paranoid schizophrenia'
- What does the future hold for Hearts as administration looms large?
People who read this story also read
- Rangers owner Craig Whyte agrees to sell his 85% shareholding in club
- Helicopter carrying 14 people ditches into the North Sea off Aberdeen
- Historic Scotland refuses council's plans to demolish Perth City Hall
- Rangers administrators 'could sell off club's assets' to keep it alive
- Prison officers join public sector walkout over reforms to their pensions