**Rangers preferred bidder, US tycoon Bill Miller has dropped his interest after looking at the Ibrox books. ** In the latest dramatic twist in the Rangers crisis, Bill Miller abandoned his bid after undertaking due diligence.
He blamed fresh information about the club's financial situation and fan opposition.
Following his announcement, the under-pressure administrators revealed that three other takeover bids are now being evaluated with the utmost urgency.
Scotland Tonight discussed the development with football finance expert Neil Patey; Mark Dingwall from the Rangers Supporters Trust and the sportswriter Graham Spiers.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: How can we better care for dementia sufferers?
- Scotland Tonight: Do you think Pope Francis is Person of the Year?
- Scotland Tonight: Clutha responders record single with Jai McDowall
- Scotland Tonight: Was law too lenient on faulty implants boss?
- Scotland Tonight: Is the action plan for human rights working?
- Does STV poll show momentum shifting in favour of independence?
- How much of a problem is rowdy behaviour at football matches?
People who read this story also read
- Rangers owner Craig Whyte agrees to sell his 85% shareholding in club
- Helicopter carrying 14 people ditches into the North Sea off Aberdeen
- Historic Scotland refuses council's plans to demolish Perth City Hall
- Rangers administrators 'could sell off club's assets' to keep it alive
- Prison officers join public sector walkout over reforms to their pensions