A wallaby has received veterinary attention after suffering smoke inhalation during a fire at Edinburgh Zoo.
The marsupial was overcome after an electrical fire was sparked at his enclosure on Tuesday afternoon.
It is understood he was the only animal in the vicinity at the time of the blaze.
Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue was called at 16.35pm and used a single pump to bring the flames under control by 16.59pm.
A spokeswoman told STV News: “One adult male wallaby is receiving treatment from an on-site veterinarian for smoke inhalation.”
No human beings were injured in the incident.
- Pandas knock penguins off top spot at Edinburgh Zoo
- Excitement growing at Edinburgh Zoo ahead of giant panda arrival
People who read this story also read
- Young motorcyclist who died in crash on footpath is named by police
- American businessman Bill Miller withdraws bid for crisis-hit Rangers
- Murder inquiry: Pedestrian dies after two men mowed down by motorist
- Man with explosives in his house branded an 'accident waiting to happen'
- Dealers caught after police smell strong cannabis coming from their bags