Plunging sales figures, cost cutting, job culls, declining public trust and the rapid advance of the digital age.
Scotland's newspapers have been hit hard in recent years. Is it now a dying industry?
To discuss the state of the newspaper industry, Scotland Tonight’s Rona Dougall was joined by the Scottish Sun columnist Bill Leckie, the Scottish Daily Express columnist Dorothy-Grace Elder, the freelance writer and blogger Shelagh McKinlay and the media consultant and former editor of The Herald newspaper, Charles McGhee.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Has Yes Scotland done enough to make the case for independence?
- Should the ten First Division clubs break away and form SPL2?
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Can anything be done to save Scotland's endangered species?
- How can we protect ourselves from the threat of terrorist attacks?
- How relevant is sectarianism to life in modern Scotland?
- Should Scotland vote Yes or No for a brighter economic future?